Statement of Faith
We recognize that there are differing viewpoints among Christians regarding their doctrinal beliefs. However, at KFBC we adhere to the following statements of faith.
- We believe that, by His spoken Word, God created the heavens and the earth, including all life in a literal 6-day period. (Genesis 1:1-31; John 1:3) God created mankind in His own image and likeness, distinct from all other creatures. (Genesis 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 15:39; Colossians 1:16-17)
- We believe that all Scripture is the inspired Word of God in its original text. Each author of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, was directed by the Holy Spirit to record the writings accurately. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21) The Bible is inerrant, relevant, and the final supreme Word of God. It is the only authority for faith and Christian living. (2 Peter 1:2-4; 2 Timothy 3:17; Hebrews 4:12-13)
(i) God the Father
- We believe in the one true God, (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 John 5:20) who is infinite, eternal and unchangeable. (Malachi 3:6; 1 Timothy 1:17; 1 Chronicles 29:11). He is the Creator of all things, (Genesis 1:1) and reveals Himself in the Holy Bible as three divine persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 17:21) He is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent and has sovereignty over all humanity and circumstances. (Psalm 24:1-2; 139:1-16; Colossians 1:17)
(ii) God the Son
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who is truly God and truly man, begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:22-23; John 3:16; 10:30)
- We believe that Jesus is the image of the invisible God who pre-existed eternally with the Father. (Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:3a) Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life, (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 1:18-20) and died on the cross of Calvary to pay the penalty for the sins of all mankind. He was raised by God from the dead, and ascended into heaven in His resurrected body, where He is seated at the right hand of God, interceding for us as our only Mediator. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 1:3b; 1 John 2:1-2)
(iii) God the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, co-equal with the Father and the Son. He convinces the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement, and He initiates repentance and regeneration of mankind. The moment a person is born again, the Holy Spirit indwells, baptises and seals the person, incorporating them into the body of Christ, the one true universal church, forever. (John 14:16-17; 16:7-8;1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians1:13-14)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit imparts spiritual gifts. (Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Peter 4:10-11) to every believer according to His will to build up the church. (1 Corinthians 12:11)
At KFBC, we do not encourage “speaking in tongues” in public or emphasize a specific gift of healing and miracles. However, we believe that God continues to perform miracles and healings today according to His will. James gives specific instructions to the elders regarding healing within the church body. (James 5:13-16) Each believer is encouraged to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit by leading a holy life dedicated to the Lord which will be demonstrated by the manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit in their Christian journey. (Romans 12:4-8; Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 5:18-20)
- We believe that God created mankind in His own image and likeness, (Genesis 1:26-27) but commencing from Adam, all humans are born with a sinful nature, (Romans 3:23; 5:12) are separated from God and are under His judgement. Thus, humans are totally depraved and unable to remedy their sinful condition through their own efforts. Mankind can be saved only by God’s grace and faith through Jesus Christ. (John 3:16-18; Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that every human being needs to be born again through repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who died on the cross, shed His blood, and paid the penalty for the sins of all mankind, (John 3:3-5; Acts 3:19; Romans 5:12) and by believing that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead, we will be saved. (Romans 10:9-10)
- We believe that mankind is saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ and it is impossible to be saved through good works, by following the ten commandments or by seeking entrance into heaven through any other means.
- Salvation is eternally secure. (John 10:28-29; 14:6; Romans 1:17; 8:1,35-39; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe that the Universal Church, of which Jesus Christ is the Head, is comprised of all who have repented of their sins and given their lives to Jesus Christ, regardless of their geographical location. Each local church is autonomous and is governed by a group of elders/pastors and deacons who are subject to the authority of the Word of God. (Acts 6:1-6; 1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 1:22-23; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9)
- We believe that it is the responsibility of every believer to go into the world and share the gospel with those who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, to make disciples, to baptise them and to faithfully teach them the Word of God. (Matthew 24:14; 28:19-20; Acts1:8)
- We believe that Scripture teaches that there are two ordinances, namely Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
We believe that all those who profess faith in Jesus Christ, should be baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in obedience to the Word of God, to publicly demonstrate that they are true followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, identifying with His death, burial and resurrection. (Matthew 28:19; John 3:22-23; Acts 2:38-41; 8:36-38; Romans 6:3-5)
(ii) Lord’s Supper
We encourage all true believers in Jesus Christ to have a time of self-examination before participating in the Lord’s Supper to remember His death, resurrection and imminent return. This ordinance will be practiced on a regular basis. (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32)
- We believe in the practice of infant/child dedication whereby a baby or child is presented to the Lord to demonstrate publicly that the parents are willing to raise the child in the ways of the Lord. (Deuteronomy 6:5-Matthew 19:13-15) We do not practice infant baptism or christening.
- We believe that marriage consists of a faithful union between one male and one female, (Genesis 1:27, 2:24) and is the only acceptable context for a sexual relationship. (Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Corinthians 6:15-20; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8)
- We believe in the immortality of the soul, the resurrection of the believers to eternal life with Christ, His judgement upon the world and all unbelievers. (John 3:36, 5:25-27, 11:25-26; 1 Thessalonians 4:13; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-10) We recognize that there are differing opinions among Christians concerning the events of the end times; however, at KFBC, we believe in the Pre-tribulation view.
- We believe Satan exists and is called the devil, a fallen angel also known as Lucifer, who rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven with a third of the angels (demons). (Ezekiel 28:12-19; Isaiah 14:12-15; Jude 6; 2 Peter 2:4; Revelation 9:1, 12:4 & 9)
- Although he is not omnipresent, Satan is presently active in the world to deceive mankind. (2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 2:2-3; 1 Peter 5:8).
- As he is a created being, Satan is not omnipotent and therefore not all-powerful like God. Satan is subject to God’s sovereignty. (Job. 42:2; Psalm 115:3; Isaiah 14:12-14; Ezekiel 28:11-19; Romans 1:19-20)
- At the end of the ages, Satan’s ultimate doom is to be cast into the lake of fire forever. (Revelation 20:10)
Scripture reference tag pop-ups powered by VerseClick™.